Week In Review: Presented by TriHealth
Earlier this week the Bengals announced the hiring of three assistants for the team’s 2019 coaching staff. Jemal Singleton (running backs), Joey Boese (strength and conditioning) and Doug Rosfeld (director of coaching operations) join head coach Zac Taylor.
Dalton Gives A Thumbs Up
With his throwing thumb almost healed, quarterback Andy Dalton is spending his first offseason in Cincinnati and has cheerfully become the official greeter in the Bengals locker room during the first 10 days of the Zac Taylor Era. A look at how Dalton is embracing the change and looking forward to working with a new offense.
Change Can't Weight
One of the newest additions to the coaching staff is strength and conditioning coach Joey Boese. Boese arrives to Cincinnati after serving as the Illinois Fighting Illini strength and conditioning coach under Lovie Smith. Bengals.com Senior Writer Geoff Hobson profiles Boese and what he will bring to the Bengals.
Smooth Landing For New Running Backs Coach
Jemal Singleton is just the kind of assistant Zac Taylor is seeking for an evolving staff he wants filled with communicators for the 2020s. Singleton is leaving the Raiders after one season and began his NFL coaching career in 2016 as the Colts’ running backs coach. If there’s one word observers use to describe Singleton’s coaching style, it is “meticulous.”
Boyd And Atkins Named To Pro Football Focus' Top 101 Players
As the 2019 offseason kicks off, football analytics site Pro Football Focus released their Top 101 players from the 2018 season. Two Bengals were represented on the list, wide receiver Tyler Boyd at No. 63 and defensive tackle Geno Atkins at No. 79.
Other Noteworthy Items
- Adam Schefter spoke with new Bengals head coach Zac Taylor about his whirlwind couple of weeks, his coaching mentors and more in his latest podcast.
- Bengals broadcaster Dan Hoard asked a pair of Bearcat quarterbacks feel about the Bengals new head coach.
- View the best images from the 2018 season of Andy Dalton, Tyler Boyd, Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap.
- Print out your favorite Bengals Valentine's Day cards give them to your sweetheart.
- Wyoming High School head coach Aaron Hancock enjoyed the experience of a lifetime at the 2019 Pro Bowl.
- Save 20 percent on "This Day in Bengals History" now through Saturday when you purchase the book at the Bengals Pro Shop or online at Bengals.com/Book.