William Jackson is listed as Adam Jones' backup at right cornerback.
The Bengals Media Relations Department released that thing head coach Marvin Lewis doesn't like to call a depth chart Tuesday in front of Friday's pre-season opener (7:30 p.m.-Cincinnati's Channel 12) against Tampa Bay at Paul Brown Stadium.
Among the highlights, with the qualifiers it doesn't mean anything and that nothing has been decided and that if there's a question the top space is going to go to the veteran:
- Randy Bullock is the first kicker listed ahead of Jake Elliott, although is that because Bullock made all his kicks and Elliott didn't in Saturday's biggest day of training camp so far in a semi-scrimmage? Or is it because Bullock is the vet and Elliott is the rookie?
- Red-shirt freshman William Jackson is listed ahead of four-year-man Darqueze Dennard at right cornerback behind starter Adam Jones in the derby to see who plays in Jones' spot in the Sept. 10 regular-season opener. Meanwhile, veteran secondary swingman Josh Shaw is backing up Dre Kirkpatrick at the right corner with Clayton Fejedelem backing up safety George Iloka.
- Veteran Cedric Peerman, who has yet to take a snap because of a hamstring issue, is listed ahead of rookie Joe Mixon at No. 3 behind No. 1 Jeremy Hill and No. 2 Giovani Bernard at running back. Carl Lawson, the other rookie besides Mixon lighting up camp, is listed as backing up Nick Vigil at SAM linebacker.
- Also at backer, veteran Marquis Flowers is listed ahead of rookie Jordan Evans at the back-up spots behind WILL backer Vontaze Burfict. With veteran Vincent Rey backing up Kevin Minter at middle linebacker, the Flowers-Evans showdown could decide that last backer spot if they only keep six.
- Veteran Pat Sims is the starter in Domata Peko's old spot at nose tackle with red-shirt freshman Andrew Billings backing him up. Also along the defensive line, four-year man Will Clarke is listed ahead of 10-year vet Wallace Gilberry behind left end Carlos Dunlap. Third-rounder Jordan Willis is backing up right end Michael Johnson and veteran Brandon Thompson is backing up Pro Bowl pass rusher Geno Atkins at tackle ahead of fourth-rounder Ryan Glasgow.
- Cody Core, the OTAs Most Improved Player who has had flashes in camp, is backing up six-time Pro Bowler A.J. Green and Tyler Boyd is backing up Brandon LaFell at wide receiver.
- Also in the mix now is a foot injury to back-up tight end C.J. Uzomah. He surfaced in the locker room Tuesday with his foot in a boot and elevating it on a scooter.
- Adam Jones is listed as the first punt returner even though rookie wide receiver Alex Erickson took the bulk of them last season. Boyd is listed as third team. Erickson, who led the AFC in kick return average last season, is backed up by two rookies, Mixon at No. 2 and wide receiver Kermit Whitfield at No. 3, with red-shirt freshman running back Tra Carson coming off last season's practice squad to get slotted at No. 4 on kick return.
Cincinnati Bengals host Training Camp at Paul Brown Stadium Practice Fields 8/7/2017