Week In Review: Off-Season Workouts Begin
The Zac Taylor era officially kicked into high gear Tuesday when the Bengals opened their off-season program and took advantage of the NFL allowing teams with new head coaches to meet in early April. There was a new tempo and vibe as players reported back to Paul Brown Stadium phase one of the off-season training program.
Bengals Eye Friendly Offense
One of the leading reasons Taylor became the Bengals’ 10th head coach back in February is his expertise on the offensive side of the ball with a scheme that scaled the NFL rankings when it came to points and yards.
Bengals Announce 2019 Preseason Schedule
The Bengals’ 2019 preseason schedule features road games at the Kansas City Chiefs and Washington Redskins, followed by home games against the New York Giants and Indianapolis Colts.
Welcome back to the Jungle! Check out photos of the Bengals arriving at Paul Brown Stadium for the first day of the team's off-season program on April 9, 2019.
Hobson's Choice Podcast: Big Willie
Willie Anderson, the greatest Bengals right tackle who ever lived, the best one of his time and Pro Football Hall of Fame candidate, is back on the scene during the draft season. He’ll be on stage to announce the Bengals’ second-round pick on April 26 as teams use Friday night to honor first-round picks from their past. In the latest Hobson's Choice Podcast, Bengals.com Senior Writer Geoff Hobson chats with Anderson about his Bengals career and Willie Anderson Linemen Academy.
Mock Draft Round-Up 3.0
The NFL draft is two weeks away and once again Bengals.com takes a look at how things could play out in the first round. Take a look at which players media outlets are predicting the Bengals select with its first round pick in their most recent mock drafts.
Lights, Camera, Action as Taylor Opens Workouts
Quarterback Andy Dalton, who played 120 games and threw nearly 4,000 passes for the only NFL coach he ever had, picked the best off-season of his nine to stay in Cincinnati with a new baby and rehabbed throwing thumb. Find out his thoughts on the changes the team has made early on as the Bengals begin Phase One of the off-season program.
ZacTakes: Energy And It's About Us
With a Paul Brown quote freshly painted on one of the walls facing the team meeting room, wide receiver A.J. Green player gave coach Taylor one of the compliments coming out of Tuesday’s first team meeting that opened the Bengals’ off-season workouts.
Other Noteworthy Items
- Video interviews from the GEICO Locker Room with Andy Dalton, A.J. Green, Dre Kirkpatrick, Sam Hubbard, Preston Brown and Tyler Eifert from the first day of off-season workouts.
- The organization re-signed offensive lineman Alex Redmond and cornerback Tony McRae to one-year contracts.
- Check out photo galleries of center Billy Price, safety Clayton Fejedelem and punter Kevin Huber.
- The Bengals and iHeartMedia Cincinnati have extended the agreement to broadcast the team’s games on radio through the 2024 NFL season.
- A.J. Green served as a guest judge for the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Cincinnati's fifth annual Spelling Bee.
- This Day in Bengals History: Bengals Unveil Iconic Helmet
- Bengals Fan and Virginia Basketball player Kyle Guy shines in the Final Four, wins a National Championship.