NOVEMBER 6, 2011
TIME: 4:05 p.m., Sunday
PLACE: LP Field (Grass)
RADIO: Play-by-play man Dan Hoard and analyst Dave Lapham on "Triple Cast" flagships 700-AM WLW, 1530-AM ESPN and 102.7-FM WEBN on the 25-station Bengals radio network.
TV: CBS broadcast team of Marv Albert play-by-play and Rich Gannon analyst. Channel 12 in Cincinnati, Channel 7 in Dayton, Ohio, Channel 27 in Lexington, Ky.
CIN: MLB Rey Maualuga (ankle) didn't work Wednesday and Thursday and it doesn't look like he'll go for the third straight game. CB Adam Jones (hamstring) and TE Jermaine Gresham (hamstring) also didn't go and look questionable at best after Jones pulled up on his 63-yard punt return early last week and Gresham said he couldn't go in pregame warmups after tweaking his hammy in practice. OLB Thomas Howard (hamstring), injured in the Oct. 16 Buffalo win, was limited during the game last Sunday and was limited Wednesday and Thursday. LE Carlos Dunlap (groin) was limited Wednesday and Thursday.
TEN: DE Dave Ball (Achilles) and FB Ahmad Hall (back) surfaced on the injury report Thursday and didn't practice. S Michael Griffin (hip) was full go Thursday. S Chris Hope (foream), inactive in five of last six games, missed practice Wednesday and Thursday.
» Complete Injury Report
Titans lead, 39-32-1 (including 1-0 postseason); 11-4 since move from Houston; 3-2 at LP Field.
» The Bengals are trying for their first five-game winning streak since the 1988 team started 6-0.
» The Bengals are looking to win their third straight road game for the first time since 2009, when they won their first four road games.
» The Bengals are looking to go 6-2 for the third time under head coach Marvin Lewis (2005, 2009).
» Only one offensive starter (right guard Bobbie Williams) is left from last Bengals trip to Nashville in 2005.
» If CB Adam Jones is healthy, he becomes the fifth member of the Bengals defense to face the team that drafted him in the first round, joining OLB Manny Lawson vs. the Niners, CB Nate Clements vs. the Bills, S Reggie Nelson vs. the Jaguars and CB Kelly Jennings vs. the Seahawks.
» History says this game goes into OT tied at 23. After 72 games in the series, each team has scored 1,677 points for a 23.3 per game average.
» Before Titans coach Mike Munchak coached his first game this Opening Day, the last time Tennessee played a game without Jeff Fisher as its head coach was Nov. 13, 1994 at Cincinnati's Riverfront Stadium when a 34-31 loss to the Bengals cost Jack Pardee his job.
» When quarterback Andy Dalton won NFL Offensive Rookie of the Month for October he joined running back Corey Dillon (December 1997) and middle linebacker Odell Thurman (September 2005) as Bengals who have won it. Dillon did it when he set the rookie rushing record with 246 yards against the Tennessee Oilers.
» Titans quarterback Matt Hasselbeck has Cincinnati roots. His father Don played at LaSalle High School.
CIN: 12th in scoring, 22nd in offense (21st rushing, 21st passing); Fourth in defense (second rushing, ninth passing), tied for ninth in turnover margin at plus-three.
TEN: 22nd in scoring, 25th in offense (32nd rushing, 14th passing), 18th in defense (27th rushing, 17th passing), tied for 12th in turnover margin at plus-two.
CIN: Marvin Lewis 65-69-1 regular season, 0-2 postseason in his ninth season; 2-2 vs. Titans.
TEN: Mike Munchak 0-0 vs. Bengals and Lewis.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- .630 - Titans winning percentage at home
- .397 - Bengals winning percentage on the road under Marvin Lewis
- 13 - Tennessee's NFL-best seasons with a 1,000-yard rusher since 1996
- 11 - Bengals seasons with a 1,000-yard rusher since 1996, tied for third with the Steelers and Giants
- 3-1 - Bengals QB Andy Dalton's record in first four road starts
- 0-4 - Former Bengals QB Greg Cook's record in first four road starts
- 0-4 - Former Bengals QB Carson Palmer's record in first four road starts
- 0-4 - Former Bengals QB Ryan Fitzpatrick's record in first four Bengals road starts
- 1-3 - Former Bengals QB Jeff Blake's record in first four road starts
- 516 - NFL-best rookie receiving yards for Bengals WR A.J. Green
- 557 - Combined yardage of Bengals rookie WRs Chad Ochocinco and T.J. Houshmandzadeh in 2001
- 302 - Rushing yards in first seven games for Titans RB Chris Johnson
- 109 - Yards Johnson gained in his only game vs. the Bengals in 2008
- 676 - Punt return yards Bengals WR Brandon Tate is on pace to gain this season
- 699 - Career punt return yardage for former Bengals WR Quan Cosby, fourth on the club's all-time list
The National Weather Service in Wilmington, Ohio calls for mostly sunny skies with temperatures in the upper 60s and winds out of the south at five to 15 miles per hour with zero percent chance of rain.