Week In Review: Atkins To Pro Bowl, Green Turns To 2020
An interesting tableau played out in the Bengals locker room this week involving A.J. Green and Geno Atkins, the two Bengals players from this decade that should end the next in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. While fellow defensive linemen Carlos Dunlap and Andrew Billings explained why Atkins deserved to go to an eighth Pro Bowl despite not having the numbers this season, Green vowed to go to an eighth Pro Bowl with the numbers.
Ten Years Later, Man-Man And Bubba Catch Dad
It is 10 years to the week the world lost Chris Henry. It was in the middle of a week where the Bengals were preparing to win the AFC's No. 2 seed in San Diego. In the middle of the Bengals locker room after his teammates were told they turned off the machine keeping him alive in Charlotte, you could hear a pin drop.
Matchup Of The Game: Red Rifle Vs. Fitzmagic, Part III
Sunday's game in Miami pitting two teams observers believe are looking for their next franchise quarterbacks, Andy Dalton former Bengal Ryan Fitzpatrick. It's the 13th game in Bengals history they're opposed by one of their former starting quarterbacks.
Taylor-Made Takes: On Technique, Turnovers, Talent
Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com sat down with head Zac Taylor this week to discuss talent, technique, learning the nuances of post-game press conferences, Boomer Esiason and Joe Burrow.
Other Noteworthy Items
- Watch GEICO Locker Room interviews with DE Carlos Dunlap and WR A.J. Green.
- View photo galleries of practice on Wednesday and Thursday, the Bengals visiting with new moms and the Ben-Gals Cheerleaders in action.
- The Bengals made personnel moves signing LB Brady Sheldon to the active roster and P Kaare Vedvik to the practice squad.
- DT Ryan Glasgow was selected as the Bengals recipient of their 2019 Ed Block Courage Award.
- By the Numbers takes a look at the nuances of the Bengals-Dolphins series.