Week In Review: Bengals Show Admiration For Dalton
Last Thursday, the Bengals made it clear how much they admire Joe Burrow when they made him the No. 1 pick in the draft. This Thursday, the Bengals showed how much faith they have in Burrow when they cut Andy Dalton and prepared to face the unknown of the NFL's most uncertain timetable ever with a rookie quarterback and a quarterback room that has all of three pro starts.
From Dalton To Burrow, Players Straddle The Eras
When the Bengals drafted Burrow last week, Giovani Bernard did the same thing Dalton did for him when he got drafted seven years ago. Reached out, offered congratulations, told him to savor the moment, said he was happy to have him and do whatever he could do to help.
Bengals Complete Overhaul To Turn Opening Day Into Moving Day
A few observations from this past weekend's draft along with a tip of the hat to director of player personnel Duke Tobin. The draft went so well that even the pundits had to give it mostly A's.
7 Things We Learned About The Bengals 2020 Draft Class
Fun. Entertaining. Different. Exciting. Wild. Those were some of the adjectives that described the NFL's first virtual draft. With the Bengals draft complete after making seven picks in three days, here are seven things learned from the draft.
Other Noteworthy Items
- The Bengals reached contract agreements with the 10 college free agents.
- Safety Brandon Wilson re-signed with the team.
- The Bengals acquired two players on waivers — HB Samaje Perine from Miami, and LB Austin Calitro from Jacksonville.
- By the numbers, a look at Dalton's career with the Bengals.
- Photo galleries of the Best of Dalton and the recently signed college free agents.