The NFL's offseason schedule is in full swing, beginning with free agency.
When the league calendar turns on Wednesday, March 13, the Bengals will have 19 players whose contracts will have expired.
The Bengals have 14 unrestricted free agents, one restricted free agent, and four exclusive rights free agents.
Last week the Bengals extended tender offers to five players - G/C Trey Hopkins, CB Tony McRae, G Alex Redmond, DT Josh Tupou and S Brandon Wilson. The tenders assure the Bengals will retain their exclusive NFL rights for the upcoming season.
Below is the full list of players in each category.
UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS (14)
An unrestricted free agent is a player with at least four accrued seasons who may sign with any club.
- Preston Brown - LB (resigned)
- Vontaze Burfict - LB (released/signed with Oakland)
- Darqueze Dennard - CB
- Kasim Edebali - DE
- Tyler Eifert - TE (resigned)
- Jake Fisher - OT (signed with Buffalo)
- Bobby Hart - OT (resigned)
- Michael Johnson – DE
- Matt Lengel - TE
- Tyler Kroft - TE (signed with Buffalo)
- Cedric Ogbuehi - OT (signed with Jacksonville)
- Vincent Rey - LB
- Tom Savage - QB
- Andre Smith - OT
- C.J. Uzomah - TE (resigned)
RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS (1)
A restricted free agent is a player with three accrued seasons who has received a qualifying offer. Qualifying offers are either at the first-round, second-round, or original-round compensation level.
- Trey Hopkins – G/C
EXCLUSIVE-RIGHTS FREE AGENTS (4)
An exclusive-rights free agent is a player with two or fewer accrued seasons. If the player receives an ERFA tender, he has no negotiating rights with other teams.
- Tony McRae - CB
- Alex Redmond - G
- Josh Tupou - DT (resigned)
- Brandon Wilson - S (resigned)