The Bengals today signed seven draft picks — DE Cam Sample, DT Tyler Shelvin, OT D'Ante Smith, K Evan McPherson, C/G Trey Hill, HB Chris Evans and DE Wyatt Hubert. The team also signed veteran free agent WR Trent Taylor.
The seven signed picks comprise all of the team's selections from Rounds 3-7 in this year's draft:
- Sample (6-3, 267; fourth-round pick; Tulane) played in 44 career games (36 starts) for the Green Wave and recorded 162 career tackles, including 22 for losses and 11.5 sacks, along with eight PDs, a FF and FR.
- Shelvin (6-2, 350; fourth-round; Louisiana State) played in 21 career games (14 starts) for the Tigers. He totaled 48 career tackles, including 4.5 for losses and one sack.
- Smith (6-5, 305; fourth-round; East Carolina), had 33 career games (30 starts) for the Pirates. He saw action at both G and OT early in his career before eventually settling at OT.
- McPherson (5-11, 185; fifth-round; Florida) played in 37 career games for the Gators and finished his career with 302 points, converting 51 of 60 FGs (85 percent) and 149 of 150 PATs.
- Hill (6-4, 319; sixth-round; Georgia) spent the last three seasons (2018-20) at the University of Georgia. He played in 36 career games (26 starts), seeing action at G early in his career before becoming the starting C for his final two seasons.
- Evans (5-11, 211; sixth-round; Michigan), in 42 career games for the Wolverines with six starts (including one at WR), rushed 320 times for 1795 yards (5.6-yard average) and 15 TDs. He also caught 49 passes for 479 yards and two TDs.
- Hubert (6-3, 258; seventh-round; Kansas State) played in 34 career games (29 starts) for the Wildcats and recorded 94 tackles, including 34 for losses and 20 sacks, along with an INT, three PDs and three FFs.
Of the team's 10 total draft picks, just three remain unsigned -- WR Ja'Marr Chase (first round; Louisiana State), G Carman Jackson (second round; Clemson) and DE Joseph Ossai (third round; Texas).
Taylor (5-8, 181), a fifth-year player out of Louisiana Tech University, participated in last Friday's rookie minicamp as a tryout player. He originally was a fifth-round draft pick of San Francisco in 2017 and spent all four of his previous NFL seasons with the 49ers. He has played in 41 career NFL games (two starts) and has 79 catches for 731 yards and three TDs, as well as 49 punt returns for 471 yards (9.61-yard average).
View college action photos of every Bengals pick from the 2021 NFL Draft.