It's the "Mr Big Stuff" edition of the Bengals Booth Podcast as Dan Hoard goes one-on-one with defensive tackle D.J. Reader. Plus, offensive coordinator Brian Callahan on quarterback Joe Burrow's first few days in the NFL, and the usual solid gold from Dave Lapham.
Podcast highlights include:
- 3:04 – Interview begins with Hoard discussing Reader starring as a two-sport athlete at Clemson.
- 6:22 – Reader discusses how he stays motivated after signing with the Bengals in the offseason.
- 11:44 – Reader breaks down what the first week of training camp has been like.
- 17:38 – Callahan talks about the adjustments the offense has to make to evaluate players and prepare for the regular season.
- 24:08 – Lapham looks ahead to what he thinks will be the most interesting battle in training camp.
- 34:09 – What the learning curve will be for Burrow with having a modified training camp.
- 44:46 – How second year players like tight end Drew Sample and linebacker Germaine Pratt can take the next step in their development to help their side of the ball.
For all of the Bengals Booth Podcasts, please visit Bengals.com/audio/podcasts.