In the latest Bengals Booth Podcast, broadcasters Dan Hoard and Dave Lapham analyze the Week 1 game at Seattle. The duo reviews some of the positive takeaways and look ahead to Sunday's game. Plus, Hoard interviews center Trey Hopkins one-on-one discussing his play at Seattle and how the offense handled the crowd noise.
In the "Know Your Foe" segment with San Francisco broadcaster Greg Papa discussion topics include the 49ers' defense line combinations, the play of quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo and the emergence of tight end George Kittle.
Some of the podcast highlights include:
- 2:19– Podcast opens with Hoard and Lapham discussing the importance of Sunday's home opener and a team's odds for the playoffs.
- 4:55 – Lapham analyzes Hopkins' run blocking and why he earned a high grade from Pro Football Focus.
- 10:12 – Talking about the coaching of defensive coordinator Lou Anarumo and his creativity.
- 15:59 – How coach Zac Taylor's offense is a perfect fit for wide receiver John Ross.
- 19:55 – Looking at the 49ers being and how Garoppolo has earned a 9-2 record as a starter.
- 24:41 – How the 49ers defense turned things around after forcing only seven turnovers all of last year.
- 29:51 – Interview with Hopkins begins discussing him being rated the No. 1 center by Pro Football Focus in Week 1.
- 33:07 – Discussion about the 49ers defensive line and how Hopkins and the offensive line will handle the pressure.
- 34:27 – Hopkins talking about serving as a substitute teacher in the offseason and his passion for education.
- 35:58 – The "Know the Foe" segment begins with San Francisco play-by-play broadcaster Greg Papa.
- 37:38 – Discussion of the 49ers pass rush with defensive ends Dee Ford and Nick Bosa.
- 42:39 – Analysis of Garoppolo getting back into rhythm coming off a torn ACL last season.
- 46:09 – How Kittle emerged in the 49ers offense to become their best playmaker.
For all of the Bengals Booth Podcasts, visit Bengals.com/audio.