It's the "It Starts Now" edition of the Bengals Booth Podcast as the Joe Burrow era begins with the start of training camp. Fans will hear from Football Outsiders writer Robert Weintraub and broadcaster Dave Lapham answers from fans.
Some of the podcast highlights include:
- 1:58 - Podcast begins with the Weintraub interview first discussing the excitement surrounding quarterback Joe Burrow.
- 6:02 – Examining the Bengals moves in free agency this past offseason and how the signings impact team building.
- 11:03 – How the absence of organized team activities could affect Burrow in his development.
- 15:33 – Weintraub analyzed wide receiver Tyler Boyd's 2019 season and why it was better than most analysts think.
- 29:40 – Lapham first talks about the challenges with the upcoming training camp due to Covid-19 pandemic.
- 32:18 – Looking at what stood out in A.J. Green's news conference after the wide receiver signed his one-year franchise tender.
- 42:27 – How running back Joe Mixon stacks up to other top backs in the league.
- 45:22 – Lapham answers questions from fans first talking about how different this season will be due to the pandemic.
- 49:24 – On whether or not to bring in a veteran quarterback in the offseason to help Burrow with his development.
- 56:51 – Looking at the options at the offensive tackle position with Jonah Williams, Bobby Hart, Isaiah Prince and Fred Johnson.
- 59:08 – What kind of role will safety Shawn Williams have going into next season.
For all of the Bengals Booth Podcasts, visit Bengals.com/audio/podcasts. Fans can also download the Bengals Booth Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher and wherever podcasts are available.