1. If I make the squad, what is the commitment?
Ben-Gal cheerleaders appear at every home game. Tentatively, we will practice every Tuesday and Thursday night for 3 hours, and select Saturdays for rookies. During the months of July/August you are mandated to attend an additional Wednesday practice along with the Tuesday/Thursday schedule. Various weeks off depending on schedule.
2. What are the age requirements?
You must turn 20 by Sept 1, 2021. There is no maximum age requirement.
3. Are there any height and weight requirements?
No height requirement. Fitness, and good physical condition is important. We recommend that you maintain a regular exercise program and a healthy diet.
4. What should I wear / bring to auditions?
You should wear dance spandex shorts and a cropped spandex bra type top. No other attire accepted. You will also need dance shoes such as dance sneakers or tennis shoes. You may also bring water and a light snack, if needed. TRYOUTS ARE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC, EXCEPT FOR FINALS.
5. What will the judges are looking for during scoring?
The judges will be looking at fitness, dance skills, showmanship, personality, and interview technique.
6. Is being a Ben-Gal cheerleader a full-time job? Is it a paid position?
No, being a Ben-Gals is not full time. Ben-Gal cheerleaders either work a full-time/part time job, or are students, or both. You will be compensated for all practices, games, and events.
7. Do current squad members have to re-audition?
Yes. Everyone must go through the audition process each season and no one is guaranteed a place on the squad. Veterans are exempt from the first round cuts, but will be present for the remaining dates.
8. What should I expect during the audition process?
You will learn dance routines, technique, (skill sets) and be expected to perform them in front of coaches/judges. Cuts will be made narrowing the group that will go to the finals.