In the latest Bengals Booth Podcast, broadcasters Dan Hoard and Dave Lapham preview the Bengals Week 10 matchup against the Baltimore Ravens. Among the topics discussed include the challenges quarterback Ryan Finley will face in his first start and how the Bengals simulate Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson in practice.
Later in the podcast Hoard chats with wide receiver Alex Erickson about impressions of his new starting quarterback and adjustments to make when facing the Ravens.
In this week’s “Know the Foe” segment, Wayne Box Miller and Lapham interview Ravens beat writer Luke Jones, beat reporter for WNST.net.
Some of the podcast highlights include:
- 1:56 – Podcast begins with Hoard and Lapham looking back at another Bengals team that started 0-8 during the 1978 season and how it felt when that team earned its first victory of the season.
- 5:22 – What are the lessons head coach Zac Taylor can learn after the 0-8 start.
- 8:45 – Is the Ravens’ Jackson opening the door for a new style of offense in the NFL.
- 12:20 – Lapham remembers Jim LeClair, his teammate and friend, who passed away this week with a couple of great stories from their time together.
- 15:33 – Hoard begins his interview with Erickson talking about how the receiver spent his time on the bye week.
- 19:00 – How the Ravens defense impacts Erickson’s route running.
- 22:08 – The “Know the Foe” segment begins with Jones explaining the Ravens’ struggles playing at Paul Brown Stadium.
- 28:50 – Explaining Jackson’s elusiveness and how he’s able to avoid the big hit as a dual threat quarterback.
For all of the Bengals Booth Podcasts, visit Bengals.com/audio/podcasts.