Bengals broadcasters Dan Hoard and Dave Lapham preview the 2019 season opener against the Seattle Seahawks.
The duo breaks down the game and takes a closer look at the Bengals' 53-man roster. Plus, Hoard interviews quarterback Andy Dalton one-on-one looking ahead to the season and the "Know Your Foe" segment with Seahawks broadcaster Steve Raible.
Some of the podcast highlights include:
- 2:16 – Podcast opens with Hoard and Lapham discussing the Bengals' 53-man roster.
- 4:20 - How much different the Bengals' offense will be from the preseason to the regular season.
- 6:15 - What fans can expect from running back Joe Mixon in head coach Zac Taylor's offense.
- 9:19 - Asking the question is the offensive line better or worse than a year ago?
- 13:32 – How the Bengals improved their defense from a year ago.
- 16:10 – What the crowd noise means and how an offense has to communicate in a noisy venue.
- 20:46 – Analyzing the Seahawks defense and how it has morphed from its Legion of Boom days.
- 24:26 – Hoard introduces Dalton and talks about coach Taylor.
- 26:12 – Dalton responds to having five different offensive coordinators during his Bengals tenure.
- 29:09 – What Dalton and the offense will do to combat the Seahawks' pass rush.
- 31:06 – The "Know the Foe" segment with Seattle play-by-play broadcaster Steve Raible beginning with analysis of the Jadeveon Clowney trade.
- 34:48 – What the Seahawks plan on doing on offense especially at the receiver position.
- 36:45 – How the Seahawks established the running game.
- 38:27 – Analyzing the performance of Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson.
For all of the Bengals Booth Podcasts, visit Bengals.com/audio.