The Bengals today announced the following changes to their coaching staff:
- Hired Justin Hill as running backs coach. Hill, 32, joins the Bengals after spending the last six seasons (2015-20) as running backs coach at the University of Tulsa. Prior to joining Tulsa, Hill spent three seasons (2012-14) at Baylor University as associate director of athletic performance for the football team. He began his coaching career at Iowa State in 2011 as a graduate assistant coach.
Hill played collegiately at Rice University (2007-10), where he began his career as a running back before switching to linebacker for his final three years of eligibility.
Hill replaces Jemal Singleton, who served as the Bengals' running backs coach from 2019-20.
- Promoted Troy Walters to wide receivers coach. Walters, 44, is entering his second season with Cincinnati, and last year served as assistant wide receivers coach. Walters replaces Bob Bicknell, who served as the Bengals' wide receivers coach from 2018-20.
- Promoted Brad Kragthorpe to assistant wide receivers coach. Kragthorpe, 28, is entering his third season with Cincinnati, and for the last two seasons served as offensive assistant. Kragthorpe fills the vacancy created by Walters' promotion.
It is expected that the changes noted above finalize the team's 2021 coaching staff, listed here:
- Zac Taylor
- Lou Anarumo (defensive coordinator)
- Colt Anderson (assistant special teams)
- Joey Boese (strength and conditioning)
- Brian Callahan (offensive coordinator)
- James Casey (tight ends)
- Mark Duffner (senior defensive assistant)
- Al Golden (linebackers)
- Justin Hill (running backs)
- Marion Hobby (defensive line)
- Todd Hunt (assistant strength and conditioning)
- Steve Jackson (secondary/cornerbacks)
- Jordan Kovacs (defensive quality control)
- Brad Kragthorpe (assistant wide receivers)
- Robert Livingston (secondary/safeties)
- Ben Martin (assistant offensive line)
- Dan Pitcher (quarterbacks)
- Frank Pollack (offensive line/run game coordinator)
- Darrin Simmons (assistant head coach/special teams coordinator)
- Garrett Swanson (assistant strength and conditioning)
- Troy Walters (wide receivers)
- Doug Rosfeld (director of coaching operations)